The description, usage and detailed explanation of each component will be taken up in the subsequent chapters. If you want to use your first TDL(Tally Developer Language) , must use basic structure of TDL.
The Report is executed from the existing Menu ‘Gateway of Tally’. Purpose: To invoke a new Report displaying the text “Welcome to the world of Engage to Tech ” from the main Menu ‘Gateway Of Tally’:
[#Menu: Gateway of Tally] Item : First TDL : Display : First TDL Report ;;code comments [Report: First TDL Report] Form : First TDL Form [Form: First TDL Form] Parts : First TDL Part [Part : First TDL Part] Lines : First TDL Line [Line : First TDL Line] Fields : First TDL Field [Field : First TDL Field] Set as : “Welcome to the world of Engage to Tech"
This code adds a new Menu Item First TDL in the ‘Gateway Of Tally’ menu. When the Menu Item has selected the report, the Report ‘First TDL Report’ is displayed. The report is in ‘Display’ mode, as the action ‘Display’ is specified while adding the menu item ‘First TDL’. User inputs are not accepted in this report. The text ‘Welcome to the world of Engage to Tech’ is displayed in the Report, since it contains only one field.
In this you will find that :
- in a bracket [..] is definition
- Display is action keyword. It mean you want to display your report in main screen (Gateway of Tally).
- Report is your definition type. Where “My Report” – action keyword should be same name as in action display keyword
- After definition word used like : Part, Line, Field called attribute and after that given name called attribute value.
- As under field definition we used “Use”, called attribute modifier.
- And as formula we used “My Formula”, called formula name
- And at end we can show our comment with ; semicolon.
So watching after above image we know writing module of a TDL code:
- First give name about Report and create it’s definition.
- Second give name of form and it’s definition.
- Third give name of Part and it’s definition.
- Fourth give name of Line and it’s definition.
- the in last give name of Field and it’s definition.
- In the field we can show our report as we want.
So after understanding above TDL module, we can say:
First write Report – Under Report is Form – Under Form is Part – Under Part is Line – Under Line is Field.
If we under stand above module of TDL we can write any TDL code.